Employing over 200 members of staff, we’re always growing and looking for the latest talent in the waste management and recycling industry here at Powerday. Whether it’s for demolition and construction roles, skip hire drivers or for jobs based in our professional offices, you can check below to see which vacancies we currently have posted. No agencies please.
Please note that we are not currently looking for a Receptionist.
This is a hands-on role where you will join a team of three experienced credit controllers each managing up to 200 live accounts. The role includes account opening, reconciling accounts following receipt of payment and communicating risk status.
We operate in a dynamic fast-paced environment that requires a calm and well organised approach. You will be self-motivated with an analytical mind and a sharp eye for detail. You will meet weekly with the Head of Finance to discuss your particular accounts. There is plenty of scope to develop and we are really keen to encourage new and innovative ideas for system and process improvement.
We have recently updated the finance system and there are a number of projects which need to be completed to ensure that the finance and management system are working cohesively together.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Manage up to 200 live accounts and take full ownership for your part of the Ledger
- Develop and maintain key relationships with external customers
- Assist in collecting payments of c. £5m per month
- Ensure that Debtor Days are below 45 days
- Open client accounts including relevant credit checks and suggesting credit limits
- Monitor client accounts to ensure they do not exceed terms/limits
- Assist in posting daily banking received and allocating payments
- Manage and resolve any queries and maintain a query log
- Log all work in progress on Opera 3 Credit Manager module
- Raise credit notes and any ad hoc specialist invoicing
- Assist in monitoring the credit group email inbox & work as part of a team
- Assist in month end tasks and financial reporting
- Flag to the Head of Finance any potential bad debts.
- Manage holiday cover within your team
Key competencies of the role:
- Be self-motivated with an analytical mind and a keen eye for detail
- Demonstrate a real can-do attitude
- Previously worked as a credit controller preferably within construction or service-related industry for a minimum of 3 years
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- A credit management / accounting qualification would be useful, but we will always look at candidates qualified with experience.
- Microsoft skills with knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel (VLOOKUP & Pivot tables).
Either apply via our website or email your CV to Sinead.email@example.com
This role is a fixed term position to cover a period of maternity leave for circa 1 year. We would like to have completed the recruitment process and for the successful candidate to start working with us on Monday 15th March 2021, and would appreciate hearing from candidates who are able to work to this date. If you are interested in the position please send your CV and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business, Tuesday 9th February.
Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days of you sending your CV, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted on this occasion. It may also be necessary for us to bring forward the closing date due to the number of applicants applying.