Tower Hamlets Town hall


Bouygues UK

Tower Hamlets Town Hall
Bouygues uk

Tower Hamlets Town Hall, formerly the Royal London Hospital, is a grade 2 listed building, refurbished and brought back to life for the local community.

A true London landmark, the hospital was originally built in 1740 at the heart of London Borough of Tower Hamlets, on Whitechapel Road. The fresh renovation offers versatility to the public by providing over 1500 dynamic workspaces and meeting rooms, as well as an open accessible space that amounts the entirety of the ground floor.

Running from 2019-2023 this exciting project contributed to the wider ‘Whitechapel Vision’, one of London’s biggest regeneration initiatives that consists of 3500 new homes, seven public spaces, creating 5000 new jobs.

Corporate and Social Responsibility

Bouygues’ social value and corporate responsibility priorities are  aligned with what Powerday values. This project embodies this ethos by creating local employment training, and apprenticeship opportunities, as well as supporting many local businesses. This is evident by the procurement of over £6 million worth of goods and services from local businesses while also employing 403 people from Tower Hamlets and other growth boroughs. Powerday is delighted to have contributed to this project. 

Our Services

For Tower Hamlets Town Hall, Powerday provided various waste services on the project – these include: Skips / Tested Skips, ROROS, Compactors, and CoSHH waste services. Powerday’s involvement on the project spanned from 2020 to September 2023 where 40,083 road miles were covered using our carbon neutral fleet.

Powerday removed and processed 24 different waste types on this project, 100% diverted from landfill with 71.38% recycled and the remaining 28.62% processed for Refuse Derived Fuel(RDF). According to our waste reports, the most common waste type, collected from this job, was hardcore (1162.52 tonnes) followed by mixed wood (677.88 tonnes) and then plastic packaging (445.61 tonnes). Here at Powerday, our waste management and recycling facilities make us equipped to deal with these materials, correctly and efficiently.

We were pleased to have awarded this contract to Powerday.  They have delivered their services efficiently and reliably, achieved high recycling rates and 100% recovery, meeting our requirements throughout the project.  They have been easy to deal with, reasonable and fair.  We have been particularly impressed with their account management and waste reporting capabilities

Dave France, Project Director, Ecoworld Ballymore

Open Account

Please fill in the form below to start the process of opening an account with us. We will perform a credit check and then contact you to complete the process.

Required
Required
Required
Required
Required

Book a Skip

Please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Required
Required
Required
Required
Required
Required